Catholic Charities of Orange County is pleased to announce this year’s theme for our Doodle for Charities art competition:
“Working on my Wings.”
How it Works
Using the symbolic chapel & cross image featured in the Catholic Charities logo and the word “Charities,” use your imagination to represent what this year’s theme means to you. We ask participants to incorporate the design of angel wings with our Catholic Charities logo! A template can be found on the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM.
The contest is open for entries starting Monday, March 8th. The deadline to submit will be Friday, April 16th at 11:59 pm Pacific Time (PT).
How to Enter
- Download or print the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM.
- Using your imagination, create your Doodle using the official entry form provided. You may use any art supply, from color pencils to watercolor, or any other art material that sparks your imagination.
- Artist’s Statement – Tell us about what you have drawn, how it represents the theme “Working on my Wings,” and what this means to you.
- Fill out the rest of the required information and have your parent or legal guardian (one signature required) to sign the entry form.
- Take a picture of the artwork or scan it for better resolution.
- UPLOAD YOUR DESIGN: Working on my Wings DROPBOX LINK (.jpg or .png file)
- OR EMAIL YOUR ENTRY as an attachment (.jpg or .png file) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you submit your entry online, please DO NOT forget to drop-off your original artwork to your school Principal’s Office. We will make the arrangements to collect the physical copy of your artwork from the school at a later time.
Doodles will be judged based on the following parameters:
- Artistic Skill & Uniqueness
- Creativity: How well the artist represents the theme of the contest, by using the word “Charity,” and relating it to this year’s theme “Working on my Wings.”
- Theme: How well the contest theme is expressed in both the artwork and the written statement.
A panel of Catholic Charities of Orange County executives will choose three finalists. The winner’s artwork will be featured on the revealing day of our “Working on my Wings” mural. Presented at our Cantlay Food Distribution Center where we will be honoring all our generous donors. All the entries will be:
- Added to the official Marketing & Communications portfolio of Catholic Charities of Orange County.
- Be featured in the Agency’s media outlets and corporate branding materials as assigned by Catholic Charities of Orange County.
1st place: $100 Amazon gift card
The winner’s artwork will be featured on the revealing day of our “Working on my Wings” mural. Presented at our Cantlay Food Distribution Center where we will be honoring all our generous donors.
2nd place: $50 Amazon gift card
3rd place: $25 Starbucks gift card
- Doodles that are not original works, contain logos, or copyright imagery will be disqualified.
- Only one application per student. Only the first Doodle entered for each student will be considered, and any additional Doodles will be disqualified.